Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2012
301 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 15, 2012 at 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anika View Post
I don't want to post somewhere else, but I have a question, please don't make me post elsewhere...

I got most of my big stuff mostly sorted, then something that should be tiny comes along. I need to cut off all my hair, and short, pretty short . Of all the things I should be upset about, this should probably be the last thing on my list. But it's more like the biggest. And why?

If I knew why I wouldn't be asking. Why is it such a big deal, I mean it's really really bringing me down. I know it's probably silly, and it's a very small thing in the grand scheme of everything in my life. Why is it tripping me up so much.

I feel silly for asking this, when I especially know that people here are going through major things.

I have to start a new job soon, haven't been employed in in god knows how many years, and I am more worried, and anxious, and crying about my hair... That is Nuts!

Anika,

Before I started my treatment they told me everything possible that could happen to me. My treatment is for 6months I am a month in a half into it right now and the side effects are very similar to chemo including hair loss. Of all the side effects that they told me about running to the toilet every ten minutes to throw up, being so weak I can not even crawl out of bed, sores in my mouth that hurt so bad I cant eat, blood levels so low i cant function the one that bothered me was my hair. I cried like a baby. I mean out loud. I know that sounds so vein, I mean I am receiving a treatment that a lot of people can not afford. God has blessed me and I am crying over hair that will grow back. Anyways I envisioned it falling out in clumps like you see in the movies but so far I have been lucky. I quit washing it everyday and started using Karatin and I have noticed it drying out a bit and thinning out on top a bit but I have not lost any clumps yet but as I said I am only a month and a half in.
But girl its your hair if you want to cry over it thats your perogitive. Do you have to cut it? They told me It would probably be best for me to have a shorter style but I havent cut it off yet...

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you have imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe become simple.

Bipolar 1
OCD
BPD
Anxiety with panic disorder
Agorophobia

viibryd
moremi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32507, treehugger727