Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Leed
Elder

Member Since Oct 2010
189 hugs
given
Default Sep 17, 2012 at 09:38 PM

Bless your heart. Obviouly the meds aren't quite right for you. Like you, I've been depressed since I was a small child. I don't know what it is to feel "normal." (whatever that is) I've been thru therapy off and on most of my adult life - I've since "graduated." Now I'm on Cymbalta 65mg twice a day, with Abilify 2mg on top of that. And I feel GREAT! Before this I was on Prozac but I had to quit taking it because I sort of got "immune" to it. That happens when you're on a medication for a long time -- it stops working, and you have to switch to something else.

Perhaps one of those meds would work for you. I have clinical depression, which is where the chemicals & hormones in your brain just don't work right, so you need something to "level" things off. Also, with clinical depression, you normally need meds for the rest of your life, from what I understand.

I hope your doctor can adjust your meds or else change them to something else more effective for you. Please keep us posted, and let us know what happens. God bless and please take care. Hugs, Lee