View Single Post
Leed
Elder

Member Since Oct 2010
189 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 21, 2012 at 03:23 PM

You're certainly not whiny, but I DO detect depression! So you can definitely join the depression group with NO qualms. Whether or not you have any of the other illnesses, we'd have to get to know you better.

You mentioned emotional abuse -- can you talk about that more? I have suffered ALOT of emotional abuse both from my parents and my ex husband, so there's no doubt I've been a victim. If you are able to talk about it, we can certainly tell you it you're a victim too. Remember tho, we are NOT DOCTORS, so we can't diagnose. We can tell you what we THINK, and that's all.

Don't let these illnesses define you. They have NOTHING to do with your identity or who you are. They aren't "you." Who you are iinside is a totally different thing -- you are NOT your illness. From what I read so far, you're an extremely intelligent, kind person who is struggling with depression and needs some help. So I'm glad you came to this forum.

I really think you need to see a therapist, who WILL help you with your questions and your issues. A good psychologist would be the perfect choice for you. Your medical doctor could refer you to a good one so you wouldn't have to search the yellow pages for one. LOL I really urge you to talk to you M.D. and let him refer you BUT keep posting here too. It really does you good to post between sessions and get some feedback on what went on. Best of luck and God bless. Keep us posted, ok??? We really DO CARE about you! Hugs, Lee

Thanks for this!
CandleGlow, shezbut