View Single Post
Thoughtbubble

Member Since Sep 2012
2 hugs
given
Unhappy Sep 26, 2012 at 01:42 PM

I've been diagnosed with bipolar type ii about 18 months ago, previously diagnosed with unipolar depression, all kinds of meds for both, pretty much typical bipy background. I've been off medications for about a year now (except diazepam 10mg 1-3 times a week, depending on anxiety level and tremors/muscle pain)
I take a multi-vitamin most days and yes, I've heard about Omega-3 fatty acids. I smoke a fair amount of pot and am known to drink, but I've cut back on drinking by a loooot (went from 3-8 drinks per day to 3-6 drinks 2x week) and to a lesser extent i've cut back on pot. I should see cognitive improvement rather than poop, but I'm getting poop. My cognitive performance seemed to be better when I was drinking daily, which makes no sense whatsoever.
My bipolar is getting agitated lately and the water is getting quite choppy in my sea of moods, but that isn't what's been bothering me lately.
I've always been bright ("gifted" was the public schooling term) but I feel like i'm losing my mental... can't think of the word for it, perfect example... "potential" I suppose. my memory is poop. I can never win a debate, for my opponent can discredit me simply by saying, "what was it you just said?" resulting in a pause and failure to recollect. I'm 18 years old and I understand my brain is still developing, but sometimes I feel like a future dementia patient! Also I have problems with balance alot, I find I have to do a lot of footwork to keep myself from keeling over when I'm just roaming my house and such (I look like a doofus but never have actually fallen or anything, it's like a momentum issue.) Depression has been draining my creativity lately, maybe there is a connection to other brain functions? My primary reason for posting this is fear of course, I have heard bipolar meds interfering with memory, that was partially why I got off of them. On the other hand, I feel my memories can be retrieved through emotions rather than trying to recall (a wave of depression brings up many obscure memories long forgotten Where is my mind and why isn't it here? Maybe there's something else at work here other than bp ii. experiences and opinions welcome.
Thoughtbubble is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote