Thread: Spouse vs ADHD
View Single Post
logan10

Member Since Jun 2006
Default Aug 08, 2006 at 06:48 AM

gtrplayer,

My wife uses my gift (ADHD) as a way to label me in a bad way. Lately, I have been giving her some reads on ADHD and dropping some hints that she needs to really know the true me. She thinks, sometimes, it was a mistake that she married a person with ADHD. Geeeeee, talk about being hormonal in the ninth month of pregnancy. I couldn't tell you what that does to person on the inside, but it burns. One of the greatest traits, about myself, that I have discovered in my life is that I am very persistent. I never given up on things, that would be a quality trait of having ADHD. Lately, I just learned to tune out the wife's hormonal banter and try to turn things around and make things in a positive way. Trust me, coming from a person with ADHD, I do have my days that I look at myself and ask why in the hell did I do that. Luckily, for me I have been starting to realize and catch myself before I do anything out of control.

Hopefully, I didn't offend anybody in regard's to the hormonal banter statement. I do realize that a pregnancy can be very tough and it takes a lot of will and desire on both parts to make sure it goes smoothly. But, kudos to you mom's out there, after witnessing and living with a preggy woman, I have better undstandment of what type of things that ya'll go through. Besides that, I learned how to duck a lot faster when things are getting thrown at me. That's when I deserve it.

The days are counting until the birth of my son.

Later,
KJ (btw) Logan is my dog's name, who is my pal (hunting buddy) through this pregnancy.
logan10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote