View Single Post
Leed
Elder

Member Since Oct 2010
189 hugs
given
Default Sep 29, 2012 at 05:31 AM

Well, I have ALWAYS been successful with depression medicatiions. Always. But NOT chronic pain medications. That has been a nightmare. It took 26 years to get proper treatment for that, and that's no lie.

In 1986, I herniated a disc, and the pain was awful. In 1987, I had surgery for it, and it failed. All the doctor would give me was Vicodin. I begged & pleaded for something stronger, but I still got Vicodin. In 1994 I herniated another disc, and in 1995 I had surgery again -- once again it failed. Once again I was put on Vicodin. Once again I begged for something else, as the Sciatica was horrible. That's what i'd been suffering from since 1986. I switched doctors (about time, huh?) and he put me on MS Contin) and that took the edge off as he put on me just 15mg (I think that's what it was - it was the lowest dose).

Anyway to make a long story short, I again switched doctors, and today I'm on Opana and Lyrica, and the pain is GONE! If I have a bad day, I still have the sciatica, but it's nothing like it has been. I've only been on it for a couple of months, so it's been a horrible journey!

I hope you have a better story than mine! God bless & take care. Hugs, Lee