tohelpafriend
Veteran Member

Member Since May 2011
107 hugs
given
Default Sep 30, 2012 at 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maranara View Post
You have come much farther than I have. I need to learn to depend on my own strength and feel content being alone if necessary. The longer I am alone, the better I get with depending on myself and my inner strength. I can even get to the point where I don't even feel alone. I am always liable, however, to fall in with a toxic personality or just someone who appears to be genuine. I don't know how to get close, how to have fun, how to trust, and once I get too close and get past some invisible barrier known only to my mind, I do get clingy, manipulative and possessive, and, of course, the relationship doesn't last and all the BPD stuff comes out full-force. I need to depend on myself and my own self-worth no matter what...and I'm not there yet.

Helpafriend, I understand you're not accountable to other people's flaws and that you can't fix them, but don't become cynical towards others either. I admire your strength and hope I can eventually get there.
Maranara: Hi, and ty for your response. That is a good point you make.
In the next BPD chat I hope to share some perspectives from recent research work. Like how to stop the repeating self destructive behaviors, understanding the core issues, defense mechanisms and compulsive behaviors leaking out for the borderline. Your 'invisible barrier' might be fear.
I look forward to sharing thoughts in chat. Peace, "tohelpafriend"

Act 3, Scene 4 - "Cymbeline", by William Shakespeare
tohelpafriend is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote