View Single Post

Default Aug 11, 2006 at 01:51 PM

yesterday afternoon, late, i was in the backyard putting together a metal table that i picked up on the street.

all at once, i heard a rifle being "loaded" and a shot went through my yard to the right of me. i stepped over to the right and my drunk neighbor was entertaining the neighbors (the nice ones) and both men were drunk. they had a pellet gun and the 10 year old was holding it and getting it ready to shoot again. the really drunk neighbor charged up to my fence and started yelling at me. i was speechless.

he wanted to know what "i wanted".....i calmly told him that a bullet had just gone through my backyard and then i noticed one of my cats cowering under a tree just outside the fence.

i said that i had just heard a shot and that the "bullet" went right past me. then i said i was concerned about the cats. he continued to scream at me and the other neighbor walked up. all at once the gun became downgraded to a "bb" gun. i've seen the gun up close and it is one of the "higher end" pellet guns......

i was just standing there with my mouth hanging open, listening to them and the closest neighbor started showing me that they were shooting at a beer can. a beer can that was hanging directly in front of the fence where i had been standing. there was a shrub that kept them from seeing me.

i started trying to get my cats to come into the yard so i could put them in the house. the one neighbor started saying that i had stolen his rake..........??????? i have a rake.

this is a man who passed out recently in his truck, crossed one highway, went up on a four lane high and crossed through the traffic on that highway, bounced down the other side, went through a wire fence and narrowly missed hitting a large bull.....he had come to when the truck landed off of the embankment of the larger highway.....he then proceeded to drive through the farmer's pasture and cut the fence and drove out and came to his house.

the "good" neighbor said that if the shooting was "concerning" me, they would quit and then he started explaining the distance of the projectile of a bb....it isn't a bb gun.......i walked off and got cat food and lured the cats in.

i went outside early, before going to work and the "good" neighbor has torn my brick fence down and they are digging holes for a "privacy" fence.

it is a very good lesson in what alcohol does to ordinarily
reasonable people. when i can afford it, i'll get more bamboo fencing and fasten it to my cyclone fence.

what would you do? i've really hurt over my brick fence. it was very pretty and the bricks were laid in a very intricate pattern. and i guess i no longer have a friendship with the "good" neighbor.....i don't want any trouble.

the dog thing has stressed me to the max. i just went over and fed butch and watered him. he's lost at least 15 lbs since i moved in here..........
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote