View Single Post
missbelle
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2010
1,058 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 07, 2012 at 01:47 PM

I am also an emotional eater. I have been probably since I got married way back in 1966. My weight goes up and down. A few years ago I lost 70 pounds. I looked so great and got so many compliments. Since then I have gained back at least half of that weight. I guess I should be glad I did not gain it all back. Maybe we can all help each other and be each others support. I live alone now and the worse time is at night when I am bored and no one is around to talk too. It drives me crazy. I look in the mirror and go yuck. I am not that heavy but its heavy to me and where I have gained a lot is my arms.....I probably could fly if there was a good wind.....LOL

I know exactly how you feel. Ar one time I used to go to Overeaters anonymous which uses the 12 step program from AA. They simply substitute food for the word alcohol. Its a national program and you can find meetings online. That might help you. I did like it and they have good literature plus everyone is in the same boat and they charge no fees!

As they say in AA and overeaters...one day at a time........maybe we can start a group here unless there already is one......you really need someone to talk to daily!!

Hugs;

p.s. I am in Fairfax Virginia so we share the same state!!

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
"And psychology has once again proved itself the doofus of the sciences" Sheldon Cooper
missbelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote