View Single Post
Meta

Member Since Jul 2006
1 hugs
given
Default Aug 12, 2006 at 09:48 AM

I never disclosed that I was bipolar in any job I had. My last workplace I worked for almost 9 years. I worked a very emotionally intense position and it was very stressful for me. All of the positions were this way to my point of view. Since I barely disclosed to myself that I was bipolar, I didn't want to disclose this at work. I was hoapitalized twice when my depression got out of control and never directly disclosed at these times, although they may have guessed. I worked around to the accomodations that I needed by myself. I picked our least hectic branch office to work at, I went down to 3 days a week when my daughter was born. I had to quit 2 years after she was born and 5 years later, I applied for disability. I managed best at my work when I did educational tasks and advocacy. Counseling and crisis tasks were more difficult. I believe I was successful most of the time at my job; I think from time to time, the executive director and my supervisors were frustrated and annoyed with me, but overall were happy with my work. I haven't figured out how I could return to work successfully. That's how I came to apply for disability. I have both bipolar disorder,ADD, panic disorder in addition to being physically disabled. Were I not physically disabled also, perhaps I could work at some physical job or behind the cash register in a card store or bagging groceries. I don't know.

Meta

Bipolar disorder with very long depressions and short hypomanic episodes. I initially love the hypomanic episodes until I realize they inevitably led to terrrible depressions. I take paroxetine, lamotrogine and klonopin.
Meta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote