View Single Post
Butterfly_Faerie
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2004
Default Aug 12, 2006 at 05:22 PM

</font><blockquote><div id="quote"><font class="small">Quote:</font>
myself said:
Your welcome and not that I know of for spcific trigger.
The way my therapists over the years explained it to me is that "triggers" is anything that upsets you. For example If a person was abused and during the absue they had a green ballon and the ballon popped. from that day on every time that person saw a green balloon or head a "pop" of a balloon the person would get upset because it consciously or unconsciously reminds the person of the abuse situation they went through in the past.

</div></font></blockquote><font class="post">

Thanks myself.

I have certain things, like having my arms pinned down, or grabbed at the wrists, that's my worse trigger, and the smell of coglone <SP> whether I see a movie that involves any type of abuse or assault will trigger me, even reading about it etc that's why I need to be careful sometimes when my mood is low to come into these forums and read posts.

I know some stuuff on grounding tecniques, but never thought i'd need them, never learned them either.

I have the anxiety workbook here I'll look stuff up in the index, and I have a 2 books on trauma and body memories that describe triggers etc, maybe that'll help.

Thank for for your responses guys it means alot.

Butterfly_Faerie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote