View Single Post
purpledaisy
Veteran Member

Member Since Jul 2012
86 hugs
given
Default Oct 14, 2012 at 03:05 PM

Hi Miguel's Mom,

Thanks for your input. That's something to think about.

What does IOP stand for?

I've got a degree in a field that I enjoy, but there aren't any opportunities around here. Plus, last time I worked in that field, I screwed up that job, too. I didn't get fired, but I got to the point where my boss had me track everything I did all day to try to figure out why I wasn't productive. I ended up quitting that job before they fired me.

And I owe $90,000 in student loans (now in default) so I can't get more student loans.

The disability info that I just read here http://www.ssa.gov/pgm/disability.htm says the disability must prevent you from working for at least 12 months.

How would my pdoc determine this? The fact that we have been playing with my meds since August and still haven't figured them out?

What if I get on Disability and then decide that I don't want the meds at all because of how they make me feel? Would I then be kicked off disability because I'm no longer under a doctor's care? (I ask this because I HATE the way I no longer have hypomania and creativity.)

Bipolar II * Rapid-Cycling

46. Female. Midwest USA. Just returned to treatment in July 2012 after being out of treatment since 1994. First diagnosed at age 21.

Writer stuck in a cubicle by day.
purpledaisy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote