View Single Post
AngerTakingOver

Member Since Oct 2012
9 hugs
given
Default Oct 17, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb2023 View Post
It sounds as though she has a lot of insecurities. She has no right to treat you this way at your age. Its not smart to taunt or embarass someone - i would say plainly that she doesn't have to like or agree with what you do but she could at least have some more respect. Not all mums are like this but i know a lot of people who have difficulties with their mothers - its hardly uncommon. Be as civil as you can - if she starts acting up, disengage as best you can; leave the room, change the conversation, refuse to fall into arguments. In short be the bigger person, we can't change our family but if they know you won't put up with nonsense their more likely to stop dishing it out. I hope this situation improves for you.
I definitely thought the same about how she may have some insecurities. My dad is definitely the opposite of her and the things she does, says, and doesn't let me do as a 22 years old makes me feel that there definitely is something else in her mind. It's very hard to ignore it and just let things pass but ill have to do what I can to, like you said, refuse to fall into arguments because I work with her 4 days a week, and spend 3 with her outside of work. Basically, I'm stuck to her by the hip each and every single day which causes a clash much of the time. Falling into an argument only makes it awkward for the next week or so that she refuses to speak to me =(
Do moms have that big of an ego?
AngerTakingOver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote