View Single Post
Perna
Pandita-in-training

Member Since Sep 2006
550 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 19, 2012 at 09:35 AM

Yes, sounds like you have too many expectations for yourself and should have started with the "basic" college courses instead of trying to skip them before you knew what they would be like. I was placed in a calc course right out of high school and said, "no way" and took the easiest math I could! After a semester or two you can still get on faster tracks if you want but it's harder to get on slower ones!

I think it is great you wanted to help your parents by going to community college for the first couple years; I don't think the basic courses will be cancelled in the 500; if I were you and you are feeling really lost and out of sorts I would withdraw if you can still and fall back and regroup your decision of what kind of school you want to go to and what you want to study, etc. I think you are putting too much pressure on yourself; I'd talk to your parents and discuss the situation; it sounds like community college is not the best for you.

Remember: You are the right size, it's the pants that don't fit!

All the schooling and expectations, etc. should be based on what you want for yourself, not what your parents want, your teachers, what your friends or siblings are doing or anything else. It's your life, no one else counts; the rest of us are just supporting players in your production.