View Single Post
LiveThroughThis

Member Since Aug 2012
690 hugs
given
Default Oct 23, 2012 at 05:41 AM

Wow, somehow i've missed this thread entirely.

I cannot tell you all how glad I am to see all these posts. I struggle with the same. Much of this is because I don't have a job and don't drive, so in my head it's like, "Why should I take a daily shower when all I'm doing is watching tv and sleeping?" Lately I take a shower when I start to stink--which is sometimes a day later, if i've sweated a lot in my sleep. Even then sometimes I just do a "sponge" bath.

I'm also bad about brushing my teeth, which I never used to be. But about two years ago, at night, it felt weird to go brush my teeth before bed. I don't know where it came from (a new bit of OCD maybe), but I still have a hard time brushing my teeth at nite. Daytime, no problem.

Yeah, I've never really been able to tell anyone about my hygiene issues either. I've always been able to go a day or two in the winter w/o showering, even when I was mentally well. I'm kind of lazy for a girl, But I relate to what someone said about in the past being able to fully get dolled up. I used to shower, gel my hair, and enjoyed putting on makeup.

Alot of the lack of all the above has been my mental state, Sleep Apnea that wasn't diagnosed, Anemia, etc. Just NO energy. I'm very overweight--it takes energy to wash and dry all this fat! But another biggie is that our bathroom is small, so little room to even move around in. My dresser is currently in our bedroom that is not being used at the moment, so I get dressed/etc. either in the bathroom or living room, and the feng shui is soooo off in here. (Boyfriend just tosses his crap anywhere.) I know that plays a big factor for me as well; when everything's cluttered/disorganized, I feel disorganized.

The major thing though is my weight. I don't like getting in there and getting reminded how big I am, then having to dry off (have balance issues sometimes), THEN have to go find clothes that still fit me. It's not fun for me anymore. Used to be. Hopefully will be again soon.

Thank you AGAIN for this thread!!! I would've never had the guts.

"There is no god higher than truth." Mahatma Gandhi

Hugs from:
anneo59, Anonymous37904, BlueInanna, kitty004567

Thanks for this!
anneo59, kitty004567