View Single Post

Default Aug 22, 2006 at 05:33 PM

I just want to make a clarification to this idea of judgement of others and self. The Bible's teaching of judging others is to what standard we are judging. We must to remember that if we judge others by OUR standard, we will also be held to that same standard.

Our role is to judge the character and actions of others in light of God's word, not our own ideas. We have enough on our plates with dealing with the everyday without taking on the role of final judge by pronouncing condemnation. Remember the Bible cautions us to not attempt removing the little speck in someone's eye when you have a 2X4 (paraphrased) sticking out of your own eye. Take care of your major issues before you try to correct someone's minor issues.

The issue of judging oneself, again, to a standard we cannot possibly attain is self-defeating. It goes to the idea that we are almost always harder on ourselves than others are on us. (Something which I struggle with daily.)

I hope this helps clear it up a bit.

By the way, I am new here. I hope to find support as I work through my own demons.

Thanks

</font><blockquote><div id="quote"><font class="small">Quote:</font>
goodolboy said:
The Bible says we're not to judge others but it don't say we should,nt judge ourselves. The only way we can solve a problem with self esteem,or anything else, we must first admit that a problem exist, Once we admit that we have a problem then we can go to work on finding the solution to it.
Anytime we have a problem the first thing we need to do is look in the mirror and ask ourselves what am I doing wrong, and what can I do to solve this problem.
The last thing we should do is place the blame for our problems on others. Always remember that there's nothing we can't do if we have faith in ourselves. Faith equal to a grain of mustard seed can move mountains. We can be anything we want to be if we simply have faith in ourselves and NEVER give up.

</div></font></blockquote><font class="post">
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote