View Single Post
dailyhealing
Elder

Member Since Feb 2012
865 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 03, 2012 at 05:31 PM

I think people who have mental health issues, as we all do, have to put a little more effort into taking care of ourselves than those without do. We have to focus on ourselves a lot in order to try to function well with our challenges. Sometimes this can be perceived as "self-centered". When we were first together, many years ago, my wife would say things like this to me. I think I have partly become less self-centered and she has partly come to understand my need to take care of myself.

The fact that you volunteer and try to help others is a great thing and proves that you are not only thinking about yourself. So no, I don't think you are being selfish by coming on here and posting things and seeking the support you need! We all need support at times, and sometimes a LOT, in order to be able to move beyond ourselves at times and help others in the way that you do in your life.

I'm glad you posted this and hope you are feeling less hurt as time goes on.

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." - Helen Keller
Strange how people who suffer together have stronger connections than those who are most content. –Bob Dylan
“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Last edited by dailyhealing; Nov 03, 2012 at 07:27 PM..
dailyhealing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
cluelesscher, dg1983, doggiedo, Shadow-world