View Single Post
doggiedo
Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2012
242 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 04, 2012 at 09:31 AM

So here is the backstory- he texted me to say hi and to let me know he was working (police overtime) at a game my school plays at. He asked what I was up to and I said I was in bed watching a movie. He asked if i was seeing the bf this weekend...he usually asks that to be polite. i told him that he might be coming over later so I should get up and shower and shave my legs -hehe. He was like-too much info. I was surprised since he asked in the first place and I was wondering why me saying that bothered him. He talks about his dates and kissing new girls all the time....so why should me getting all dolled up for my bf be any different?

He responded that I am so selfish sometimes...that is should realize that. I was like, what????? So that's how it went. I told him to "tell me more about how self centered and selfish I am" and he was like no, I'm not going there. So obviously he had more to say.

He did text later and say one example was how I make plans with people and then break them because I don't feel like doing it. He said I never realize how that impacts other people. I was like what? I haven't done that in a while..like months. And I usually only do that to my parents who totally understand when I reschedule stuff bc I need a mental health day or am feeling down. He doesn't get that. He just sees it as being selfish I think.

Daily healing- I agree- I do have to worry about myself and for my own well being- it's prt of being healthy for me...and the only way I can get through things.

It really bothered me tho. I think everyone is self centered to a point. I think u need to be or else you'll be living solely for other people and not taking care of yourself and your needs, I mean, I never claimed to be Mother Theresa for goodness sake!

He did text me later to tell me my school was winning the game. I didn't respond.
doggiedo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous33145