hamster-bamster
Account Suspended

Member Since Sep 2011
3,729 hugs
given
Default Nov 08, 2012 at 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anika. View Post
Self inflicted trauma is a symptom.. of what tho? Real question as I don't self harm. I did a few times, and I know why, trauma. I would think it is a symptom of trauma, one could say life is traumatic. We have these accepted instances we consider to be trauma. Some of the worst trauma I have gone through was outside these bounds, outside the SA, Physical abusive that I went through. This is confusing trying to decipher what is and what is not.
I think - mostly from reading posts here - that it can be a symptom of many illnesses, BPD being one of them. I do not self-harm either. I just neglect self-care on occasion, but I am doing better in that department too. It never occurred to me to SI. I am at the opposite end of the spectrum from SI: for me, even a tattoo/piercing is self-harm but I respect other people's desires to decorate themselves with tats. I would never do it, no way: doing something against the integrity of my skin is completely non-appealing to me. Cutting is out of the question entirely. I always have been like that. I have the dx of BPD but I do not have all the typical symptoms of BPD.
hamster-bamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote