View Single Post
PoeticLiscence

Member Since Aug 2006
Default Aug 29, 2006 at 08:52 PM

Thank you for the welcome.
I'm here because I'm a wanna-be recluse. I wanna be at home. When invited to go nearly anywhere, my first desire is to find a reason why I can't go. When invited to go on a trip, I find I'm more annoyed than anything else. I hide this well ... but inside I just want to be in my house either alone or with my children. While home I'm not idle at all. I write for a living, I exercise daily, I tend to my house plants (the one's I've not yet killed) and I take care of my family. When I am with my friends I fit in and feel very liked and loved... not odd at all. But I'm just always ready to make my break to get home to my pj's. I'm perfectly fine with my withdrawal from the world but my friends are starting to notice that I'm not around much and I've even been asked by one friend if I'm mad at her. I'm just wondering, is my desire for a reclusive lifestyle considered a disorder? I'm getting some grief about it that I find irritating. I hear myself asking the question inside, "Why can't people just leave me alone?" What's going on here? Any thoughts?
PoeticLiscence is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote