View Single Post
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

Member Since Dec 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 15, 2012 at 03:59 PM

Some analysis of the test:

I prefer to do things with others rather than on my own.

I know I'm overanalyzing, but "things"? What kind of things? A lot of autistic people have come to depend on others to handle everyday type situations, and they find discomfort in doing errands on their own. Or is it more like leisure? What counts as "with others"? I often keep my online friend as a support when I'm doing chores, silly as it may sound. Some people are not autistic, but fear others, so for that reason they want to be alone.

I am fascinated by dates.

Yea dates are cool, taste sweet too....

I would rather go to the theater than to a museum.

Here included (I assume) that people with autism don't like fiction, plays or movies. But still stands that a theater is an easier situation socially. You sit in the dark and watch. In the dang museum you might run into all kinds of difficult social situations.

I am not very good at remembering phone numbers.

I'm not sure at all how the test scores here. The standard autie likes numbers, they assume. But phone numbers? Do they like those as well? They are attached to real people who they might have zero interest in calling. So I don't know!!!

I am not very good at remembering people's date of birth.

Same dang thing...

I don't usually notice small changes in a situation or a person's appearance.

I've always assumed the autistic approach is not to care what the other person looks like. But on the other hand, they are good with details. So test scores how?

I find it easy to do more than one thing at once.

Like, what? Tasks you are not good at even one by one? Then of course. Things you do all the time? And are good with?

I am often the last to understand the point of a joke.

What kind of jokes? Literal ones? Innuendos? So different.

I find it very easy to play games with children that involve pretending.

At what level? Are we playing house or is the child old enough to actually want some kind of plot not to get bored? Pretending has many levels.

So yea.... what do they MEAN? It seems like I'm confused when everyone else see the questions as black and white. I wonder what that makes me.
-jimi- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated, WePow