View Single Post
PoeticLiscence

Member Since Aug 2006
Default Sep 02, 2006 at 11:31 PM

The advice I've been given so far is... if it's not bothering you to be more and more reclusive, then it's not a problem. While I find this comforting, I am still stuck with invitations from well meaning friends, people who actually enjoy my company, that I don't know how to turn down. When I do decline an invite, most often I find that it's unacceptable to them and I end up pushed or cooerced into going where ever and doing whatever when I'd just rather be HOME for heaven's sakes. How might I decline invitations in a way that doesn't hurt feelings but respects my desire to decline? I'm feeling so trapped. Truth is, (and trust me, there's no ego here) I know I'm fun. I know how to be fun, I've worked on that skill for years. That's why I'm in this sticky spot. I have friends who enjoy my company and I've worked hard over the years to be that person. Now I just want my space and it's not okay with those who love me and whom I love in return. How can I be the recluse I desire to be without offending my little corner of the world?
PoeticLiscence is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote