View Single Post
Anika.
Karma Kid

Member Since Sep 2012
1,410 hugs
given
Default Nov 22, 2012 at 04:22 AM

Hmm MM, I hear you on the med bit... totally do. However this choice I think needs clear planning. Throwing the meds out rashly will probably not go so well. I understand your frustration so much. I agree with farmergirl you need to slow this train down a bit.

Maybe you can make a list of what MM looks like on meds, and what MM looks like off meds. What is going to work where? How would you cope without meds when **** hits the fan, when manic, when depressed? What would you do if you got into a bad mixed episode? These are pretty important questions to know the answers too. What about your ED, how is that intertwined with your moods? The bipolar swings can surely set that on fire, at least for me. Do you get psychosis? How would that be handled if you do? What would you do to help from the episodes happening in the first place?

I think maybe what you should look at as an option is not no meds and insane, or meds and messed up. What about stable.. I mean you can get stable and not have meds.. or at least shoot for that? It beats no meds and insane. But it needs to be well thought out, a plan, safety nets, skills and tools, how are you going to keep the functions functioning? You do have a son so that is pretty important for his sake. It can be done, but the how's got to happen first, not after.

I don't think this sounds like stable either right now, even you said you doubt it is. You said you can't have relationships like this, but didn't exactly say what is going on in there.

Maybe your husband can care take himself for a bit, or at least more than he is at the moment.. that is probably one possibility. What about a little distance from the family that seems to be causing soo much stress?

hang in there, I know.. I didn't like that life either. But there has to be a way to do this that is going to have a better outcome then rushing into this is likely to give you. I really don't want to see anything happen to you... that much is certain!!!

This living, this living, this living..was always a project of mine

Anika. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
venusss