View Single Post
CgRgSm

Member Since Jan 2012
Default Nov 25, 2012 at 05:26 AM

Hello and welcome to PC, MyOwnEnemy.

I do not know all of the answers. I just turned 23 years old myself (male), and I think I might understand what is going on here. As Sam2, in so many words said, people have been exclaiming about the world's end for generations. I think that what you have been experiencing (your anxiety, down moods) is directly related to depression in that your mind is naturally focusing on negative thoughts. You suddenly are becoming more aware of world events, things that I do not disagree are terrible things happening in the world. Such thoughts have been proclaimed in songs, and expressions, and I'm sure other means. "You insist that the weight of the world be on your shoulders" -My Friend of Misery, Metallica.

Things happen for a reason, I used to be very confused and sort-of on that religious band-wagon thinking that the end of the world surely was coming. What I didn't realize at the time, was just that things happen for a reason. People who study religion/are obsessed with religion all of the time often have a "darker" view of things around them, especially world events. One thing leads to another, and soon they find that the only solace they can really obtain further out of their thinking is to convince others to believe the same thing.

I don't believe in anything anymore. This includes but is not limited to: sins, right, wrong, good, bad, beautiful, ugly, crime and justice. I see all of existence as one thing, linked together in an infinite chain of events with no beginning and no end. So I guess I can't exactly say I don't think the world is coming to an end because I suppose it is possible, giving the correct sequence of events leading to it, but I can say I do not think that existence is coming to an end as even if ours does, someone, something else's will continue on.