View Single Post
Iamhealingme

Member Since Sep 2012
1 hugs
given
Default Nov 25, 2012 at 08:03 AM

I hear you....I am 60 and a lot of times I feel exactly the same as you do. The world has changed a lot since I started out, some for the better and some for the worse. I think our world has become too small for us and we tend to become like rats fighting for survival in an overcrowded space. We are exposed to too many things good and bad and have too many choices and it becomes overwhelming. I'm not sure of other places but North American society is way too fast paced for us and we go crazy. Too much is expected of us. If we decide to take a few days, lay in the grass and stare at the sky or watch the stars all night, we are labelled crazy and lazy but these are the kinds of things that we need to do. Have you ever thought of staying with a group of people like Amish or Hutterites or Buddists or similar people to just get back to simple basic life? You would not have to belong or become their religion, just live simply for a time to reflect and catch up to who you are. Most people who feel as you do have a tendancy to stay to themselves as our society is too overwhelming. You are NOT alone in your thinking, there are a lot of people just like you.

Hugs from:
shortandcute

Thanks for this!
shortandcute