View Single Post
indiansummer

Member Since Sep 2006
Default Sep 07, 2006 at 12:15 AM

Thanks for the responses. It's good to have found a forum to discuss this and to learn more about what we're probably dealing with. My husband and I will be able to talk about this openly enough to come up with a plan if / when his daughter does show up here and there is an emergency. The first thing that I will have to insist on is that she cannot move into our home, not even for a night. I simply cannot live in the constant stress and fear of that again, especially with her building intensity. I'm not sure how far she will have to go before my poor husband sees that there is a serious problem. He still wants to believe that there's nothing wrong with her, maintaining that her ADHD is responsible for her behavior. I've read everything I could get my hands on ADHD and while she might have that disorder, it just cannot be responsible for what we're seeing. Seeing him struggle to maintain his denial of all of this makes me sad. It's a hard thing to watch. Thanks again for the input and the support. I'm glad I found this website.
indiansummer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote