Thread: wore out
View Single Post
Anonymous32935

Default Nov 27, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ndm4n2006 View Post
I can't say for sure, but based on what you've posted here I need more information before I'd agree with you taht her behavior could be labeled as 'wrong' is she insulting you? is she doing anything to hurt you or is it just the distancing that you feel is wrong? If it's the latter, I'd say you need to step back and realize that it's not something she's doing to you but a behavior that is affecting you. Again if it's only that, it's gonna take patience and understanding on your part to get through it, but if it's something she's really doing actively to hurt or insult you or anything like that, I think that you both can contribute positively to this. When she's pulling away, don't pursue or try to get her to come back but at the same time, if she's in that mode, she needs to understand not to take it out on you either. So I think I agree that you need to talk it out with her and find a way to deal with it together when she's in that phase.
If she seems to be taking it out on you, she may feel defensive, like she needs to say something or defend herself before you "attack" her. I'm sure that's not what you're intending to do, but she may still take it that way. We have a tendancy of misinterpreting people's behavior or reactons to us. The more you can just let it go, accept it as the way she it, and walk away yourself a bit when she's like that, the less it is likely to occur. It takes time, but when it sinks in that you are not "out to get" her, a lot of those behaviors will slow down. Never stop, but make it much easier to deal with.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ruby.lestrange