Elder

Member Since Dec 2009
3,569 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 30, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My kids are cool View Post
Are you upset that I said it? If so, I am sorry and will try to keep quiet in the future. I really was trying to help you see why things might have happened the way they did. Or are you upset because you think I have a point? If that's the case, please try not to be upset, but just use it as tool for growth.
No, I'm not upset at you. I thought you were right. I've sat here and thought about it for a few minutes and realize you may or may not be. Either way, I owe T an apology because I did cross that boundary. I just haven't crossed it in a long time. She's never reacted poorly in the past when I've done it, but that doesn't make it right any time I did it, including this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike McCaslin View Post
There's nothing wrong with you, Chopin. Your T is human, as you are. Sometimes it is easy to forget this, or it is for me. I idealize and idolize my PDOC, and when she doesn't meet my expectations, it sends me in a downward spiral, until I realize it's more about me than her.
Thanks, Ike. There's nothing wrong with you either. I do idealize T to some extent, I think because she's been so authentic. I want to react to people similarly once I'm done with this journey.

Hugs from:
Anonymous37917, Wren_

Thanks for this!
Ike McCaslin