Thread: Coming out??
View Single Post
Pteropodidae

Member Since Dec 2012
Default Dec 09, 2012 at 02:51 AM

Hey, I'm Daniel.

I've had Gender Identity Disorder for a real long time, ever since I was little. I was born a genetic female but my parents never really raised me as a 'boy' or 'girl'. They didn't make me wear dresses or skirts all the time. If I wanted to wear pants, they let me. My room was painted green and I was never bought just pink toys or blue toys. I had barbie dolls and matchbox cars. I loved playing soccer and sometimes played dress-up with my Mother by raiding her closet for dresses and stealing her make-up.

I guess things got a little more confusing when I entered high-school. I found myself uncomfortable around girls cause they'd talk about nothing by fashion and make-up, whereas I felt more like myself hanging with my the boy, playing soccer and stuff. But the girls would tease me for wearing shorts and being a wh*re cause I liked the boys more, and the boys would laugh when I wore make-up or tried to play football in the school skirt.

Like anyone, I didn't want to be teased or laughed at, so I stuck with having lots of female friends, wearing pretty clothes, growing my hair long and getting into make-up and all those stereotypical girly things. Towards the end of high school I found out about the whole 'transgender' thing, so I began identifying as a trans-male. I've only ever came out to a few close friends, and they've all been okay with it. A little confused, yeah, but they accepted me.

I've only just recently moved back in with my Dad and step-mum and I'm beginning to get really frustrated and stressed cause they don't know I'm transgender. I've read things about how to come out but I can't quite bring myself to tell my Dad. But it's so hard pretending to be someone I'm not, so I'm hoping to maybe get some advice on coming out? and maybe how to go about continuing my transition to a male?

Pteropodidae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote