View Single Post
hamster-bamster
Account Suspended

Member Since Sep 2011
3,729 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 13, 2012 at 08:55 PM

Randy is the name of the guy who wrote a book on PERL, a programming language. I looked up the book; it was published by O'Reilly, the premier publishers in tech, and has been well reviewed. I will go out with him on Sunday. I basically see two problems with him. One, he is too geeky. Some of his mannerisms are plain weird. The other, he could have been slenderer - I prefer trimmer men. But with the latter "weakness", at least I am overweight, too (just not to THAT extent - I am just "saftig") so I can tell myself to appreciate him for the person he is and disregard his belly. The nerdiness is his and his only - I am not in the least nerdy/geeky, and I do not have weird mannerisms.

Another positive aspect about him - he identifies as polyamorous but reports only one relationship he himself calls "secondary" for both parties involved: she is married and lives within an hour and a half drive so they do no see one another often. So he basically offers all the benefits of polyamory in that he is not jealous (I gave him an intro to my current guys) without all the costs in that he has a lot of time available for me should I want it.

So the question will be - do I want his time and affection.

On Sunday I will try to overcome being repulsed by the belly and the nerdiness/geekiness. I will try to appreciate the many positive things he has to offer. If I cannot, I cannot, but at least I will give it a try.
hamster-bamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote