View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 14, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Well I agree with some people in this thread.. asking this kind of question on a site full of strangers may not be the right place...

my reasons are because

1. there are many religions / cultures that believe a person should not have sex before a certain age or marriage and so disclosing ones own "status" could possibly lead to members thinking or speaking ill of those who are not virgins.

2 there are many members who are not virgins due to their surviving child sexual abuse, that fact alone can cause a survivor to fall into depression or feel ashamed when reading this kind of question...

that said

this site is about free will where we dont have to answer any questions in which feels triggering, uncomfortable...

I will answer the question...

I am a sexual abuse survivor with a history of having DID, alters that were sexually active and other dissociative issues due to the abuse I went through.. I was sexually abused before the age of 5, therefore I have not been a virgin since before the age of 5.

I chose to answer the question so that others can see that its ok. theres nothing to be ashamed of. the abuse is something that happened to us not us seeking it out, and when we did seek it out after being abused again theres nothing to be ashamed of. those of us that sought out sex after the abuse well it was just a case of either imitating the abuse that we went through, or sex was used as a coping mechanism, or we sought out what we thought was love because we were not getting the kind of love from those who should have given us safe, nurturing, love.

Just a bit of info about "virginity" around here where I live and work that term doesnt only mean whether you have had sex or not. it also means in the medical sense of the hymen has been broken. this can happen in non sexual ways too. I know many many children of all ages who's medical reports say they are not a virgin because they fell riding their bike or landed too hard across the jungle gym bar, ran with a toy in their hands, stumbled and the toy landed underneath them...

theres all kinds of reasons why a person would not be a virgin, its not only about sex. I give this info just as another way of letting those who know they are not virgins, know that there is nothing wrong or shameful in it.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote