View Single Post
abby123

Member Since May 2004
Default May 06, 2004 at 05:17 AM

We are going to Jesse's primary doctor today, so wish us luck.
I'm positive that my mother won't accept medication if it turns out he needs it. My mother has always leaned more to herbal and alternitive medicine even for physical problems.

I have been trying to think back to when this all started. I know it was about a year and a half ago when I noticed his behavior changing. I have asked him if he know what could have triggered it, and he just says that one day he just started feeling that way. My best friend and her sisters have commented to me on his behavior. She is like a sister to me and my brothers. Like I said, he has always been shy and my best friend and her sisters were the few people he talked to. Now, he doesn't talk to them at all. I don't think he would even talk to me unless I initiated the conversation. As for my other brothers, they don't know quite how to deal with this, so they just tease him.

I'm pretty sure that depression runs in the family, because my sister has it. And when I was 14-16, I had crying fits and cut myself on occasion. I never told my parents, because I was sure that they wouldn't understand. My brothers knew though. I still have moments when I think about cutting myself, but I haven't acted on them since I was 16. I'm 20 now. I asked Jesse if he has ever thought about hurting himself, and he said no. I'm grateful for that at least.

Anyway, thanks so much for everyones advice. I really appreciate it.

Abby

abby123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote