Magnate

Member Since Aug 2009
2,917 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 17, 2012 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miswimmy1 View Post
I know what to do. But I need her to back me on it. Becuase of family issues, i will have no support in my endeavors unless she supports it. So yes I wanted her to plan it out for me, but in the end, all i really wanted was for her to support me in the plan I had made (which was to do it slowly).
You need to go into your therapist and advocate for yourself. This is your therapy, and you are in charge. Tell her what you aren't willing to do, what you are willing to do, and what is negotiable.

Tell her how hurt you were by what she said, and tell her why. Start out by telling her that you need to say things that you have been holding back. TELL her you have been holding things back because you don't want to hurt her, but by doing this you are hurting you. Ask her point blank why she said "Are you going to fire me?" and the other things that you found questionable. Get it out on the table. It will be difficult, but I think that communicating how you feel/what you think is imperative. Tell her that you are having difficulty trusting her, and ask her if she is okay with you focusing on reconnecting. Make goals for yourself, like, at this point, this is where I want to be, and share them with her. Tell her that you are not looking to depend on her forever, but that you do need her now. Ask her if she has any issues with this.

I think communication is the only way through this, Miswimmy. I want you to believe in yourself, and I want to chart your own course, because you have enormous potential that has already manifested and that will continue to lead you where you want to go.

I wish I had done this, but I didn't, and I regret it.
I want things to be better for YOU

Hugs from:
Bill3

Thanks for this!
Bill3, sittingatwatersedge