View Single Post
chacha6

Member Since May 2004
Default May 07, 2004 at 02:45 AM

I am a very recently unemployed, 32-year-old, married, mother of one in the Puget Sound area. This is my first visit to the site, and your posting has hit on the exact reason I am online tonight. I was diagnosed at 18 with major depression and placed on Prozac, which I have taken off-and-on ever since. I do not believe I have ever been diagnosed properly or completely, as the Prozac does not even begin to help many of the mental and emotional problems I suffer from on a daily basis -- problems so severe that I have been unable to hold-down a job for any great length of time. Due to this, I do not have medical insurance, and haven't for well over a year now. My husband works and earns a decent income (too much for us to qualify for assistance) however we are unable to afford the psychological treatment I so desperately need due to wage garnishments resulting from the large debt we are currently in because of past medical bills, most of which can be attributed to my mental disorder(s). It is a horrifying predicament that I find myself in... If my story would be useful to your project, I would be happy to share.

chacha6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote