View Single Post
geez
Magnate

Member Since Jan 2010
1,213 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Question Dec 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I am being treated for depression and anxiety and I'm in a day treatment program. I will be finished with my day treatment program at the end of next week. My husband has asked me what I plan on doing after I get out of the program. I told him I don't know other than I plan on getting back to the gym for a regular workout schedule. I plan on going back to school in the fall and I'm not going to be taking any classes in the spring semester. He suggested perhaps I try to find a part time job.

We are in a financial situation where I don't have to work and I've been a stay at home mom for 8 years (we have a 3 and 7 yr old).

While I am on meds I'm still dealing with symptoms. I personally don't think working would be a good idea right now. I'm tired most of the time (thankfully my spirits are up) and I don't sleep well. I also am dealing with anxiety which is getting better. Right now my brain is 'full' if that makes any sense.

I'm not sure where my husband is coming from with the idea of me going back to work as we always talked about me staying home etc.... I plan on chatting with him about it. I did tell him that I don't want to get a job and give myself stress right now. I need this time to heal and not put additional stress on top of what I do as a stay at home mom and running the household. I want to keep busy for some hours out of the house but I would like to do something positive that will bring me some sense of self etc... I'm disappointed about not going to school in the spring as I don't have the ability to mentally 'focus'. According to the psychiatrist It could take 9 mnths to a year for me to get my 'brain back'.

Any thoughts?

Don't ever mistake
MY SILENCE for ignorance,
MY CALMNESS for acceptance,
MY KINDNESS for weakness.
- unknown
geez is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote