View Single Post
winter4me
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2012
1,818 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 29, 2012 at 09:30 AM

Maybe a compromise is possible. I won't go into my own story but I can truly understand your feelings. I suspect your husband may feel that working could help you by virtue of the structure, the knowledge that you can earn money, have options, and the social contact that would come with the job. I wonder if you might consider first volunteering for a few hours a week at something that would not require great emotional investment or special skills (though, if you have skills or an interest, I encourage you to try---I have dragged myself to work believing I cannot be there, usually, once there, no matter what the job, I am ok---don't let fear stop you...sometimes when we want to pull in, we really do need to take a risk)---having children, you might consider volunteering at school---or just go on line and see what is available in your community)---another thought would be a part time job that is task oriented (a small shop, ....something else entirely)---your husband may need to assure you that you can quit if you find it overwhelming, or the atmosphere at work (or volunteering) is negative. But, from my own experience, I would say there is no harm in trying it. We are usually stronger than we believe, and believe me I have been to rock bottom emotionally and often hover somewhere betwixt and between. The important thing is to put one foot in front of the other, the worst that can happen is we fall down, run crying or screaming out a door, or feel no better; then one regroups and gets up again.
winter4me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
geez