View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,569 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 01, 2013 at 01:35 PM

Yep, everyone here at the farm is OK. I don't know about any accidental shootings because I haven't had the news on yet. Am enjoying the peace and quiet today.

Noisy neighbors cut the noise around 10:30 last night. Then started up again around 12:30. My guess is they went somewhere to watch fireworks, then came home and continued the party. It's REAL quiet in their directiong today. I suspect Rose is right and they are suffering almighty hangovers.

The cats all came and joined me in bed when the firecrackers, music and guns started up again at 12:30. I don't know if they were looking for protection or wanted me to do something to make the noise stop.

a story about calling the police because neighbors were shooting guns....

Neighbors a couple of places over were sitting on their back porch drinking and shooting guns (great combination, huh?). Hubby and I were out in the pasture trying to tend a sick horse. I could hear the bullets hitting the ground around me. We got the sick horse in the barn and I went in the house to call 911. The 911 operator asked if I'd gone over and asked the peole to stop shooting!?!?!? Ok, let's think about this - drunk yahoos with guns and I'm supposed to go over and ask them to stop?!?!?! I asked that they send an officer out to speak to the people. Officer came and talked to us. We told him about bullets hitting the ground us on OUR PROPERTY. Then he went and talked to the neighbors. Heaven knows what the neighbors said, he was short tempered with us when he came back. In a none too pleasant way he told us they had the right to shoot guns on their own property. I so wanted to ask if the bullets knew where the property line was, but figured he was already ticked at us for some reason. I figured I wouldn't push it. I respect what the police do, but this guy was sure boneheaded that day.
lizardlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous33145