Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2010
6 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 07, 2013 at 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
What I did for a while Hellion, is I did some "house cleaning jobs" and "babysat" for other people's children. It is amazing how much someone can make doing that. You can ask for "cash" as payments and it can help to bring in some extra money. Sometimes you can find an older person who needs extra help and doesn't have the abilities to do their cleaning and laundry too. Do you have a driver's licence? because sometimes an older person can no longer drive and yet has a car and needs someone to help them do errands. That has been my own parent's predicament, so I do know these people are out there.

When I started my own business, I went to places, like grocery stores and local convenience stores and hung signs with my name and number attached, All you need to do is perhaps find some jobs within walking distance at first, don't even have to do more than you can handle. I have a friend that did that and she now has her own business with a bunch of customers she cleans houses for and even runs errands for.

Just a thought,
Open Eyes
I am all for cleaning but the only cleaning jobs I can find require one to have a vehicle and supplies, and I don't know anyone who can hire me to clean their house sort of under the table or whatever and even if I did I could get in trouble for not reporting wages to the SSI department I think. As for babysitting I don't feel I am a good person to be in charge of other peoples children for any length of time my brother being the exception since he's my brother and so I know him but I don't do well with kids I don't know. I don't have a license or any means to afford a car and even if I did I wouldn't be able to drive in traffic safely anyways so I wouldn't risk it.

Also with applying for the SSI from my understanding I would have to be very careful not to end up making too much money or that could interfere. And there aren't any jobs available I can do within walking distance......there's fast food and most people in the don't have much money to pay unlicensed job seekers. Its a nice idea, though even if I was lucky and did find a couple cleaning jobs I doubt that would bring in an income it would still be a little bit to scrape by on like I get from my mom for helping out.

Also, as embarrassing as it is as much as I would like to clean house for spare money I doubt I could keep up with even that...I'd hate to agree to clean a house and then be unable to complete the job because a wave of deep depression hits me for instance. With family like my mom she understands I have limitations and have to do things my own way at my own pace not so sure a stranger who's house I am cleaning would be as patient.
Hellion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes, shortandcute