View Single Post
sisokie

Member Since Jan 2013
Default Jan 09, 2013 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maranara View Post
A lot of therapists don't want to diagnose BPD. Many are at a loss on how to treat it since it cannot be cured by drugs and traditional talk therapy doesn't always work either. Also, insurances don't always cover BPD. I think that if your therapist cannot competently explain the difference between what you have and BPD, it's time to possibly look around for someone else who knows how to successfully treat what you have instead of just calling what you have something else.
My therapist is extremely competent and could certainly explain the differences between the two types of disorders, but I failed to ask more questions because I was too shy. And I know she wouldn't refuse to treat a patient with BPD. When I first located her, I e-mailed her to ask if she had experience working with BPD. She said that she did and would be happy to work with me. So I think it's mostly me being too shy to ask her more questions. I don't like to appear uneducated, so I suppose I try to find the information elsewhere first.

Thanks for this!
ECHOES