View Single Post
Merlin
Magnate

Member Since May 2004
548 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 11, 2013 at 07:06 PM

College is tough, especially for a person with a mental illness. I'm bipolar and just went back to university for a BSc in Nursing and I am scared about how I will do on my courses, not the exams, but the day to day work and the papers. I've decided that not pursuing my dreams would just drive me further and further into depression even with the medication. I may fail, but not trying isn't an option, not for me anyway. I will work through the depression and get help as I need it. The point isn't the years in your life, but the life in your years. I want that life, and I won't accept anything else.

It is said an Eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent him a sentence, to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in all times and situations. They presented him the words: "And this, too, shall pass away." How much it expresses! How chastening in the hour of pride! How consoling in the depths of affliction!
---"Address before the Wisconsin State Agricultural Society". Abraham Lincoln Online. Milwaukee, Wisconsin. September 30, 1859.
Merlin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
RJ78