View Single Post
~EnlightenMe~
Magnate

Member Since Aug 2009
2,917 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 15, 2013 at 03:57 PM

I would like to thank everyone who has helped me over this past week. My replies to others' posts have been tainted by my mood, my apologies. I am thankful for this place and the all of the people here.

It has been a difficult week, no doubt. I hadn't considered that I was reliving something from the past, at least not in full awareness. I keep thinking that I am just this needy loser in the here and now and I haven't been able to change it, and when I suppress it, it comes back with a vengeance or it threatens to tear me apart. Thinking in terms of this is past stuff has helped quell some of my distress. Thanks for that, Torn.

Quote:
Fighting where we are and how we are feeling makes the work twice as hard.
So true, Sannah. I have been preaching about acceptance, and I had difficulty practicing it this week. Thanks for reminding me

Quote:
You are always there to comfort everyone else and I for one am grateful to know you.
Button, Thank you so much! I am also grateful to know you. Thanks for your help during my dark despair.

I see my T tomorrow and I need to remember what to tell him. I am looking forward to it, I need some relief. I won't see him the next week, because I am going on vacation, and even that has me stressed. At least I trudged forward this week, as reluctant as I was to do it. Not sure that I want to do it again, though.

What is it about therapists that they can relieve our stress whereas no one else can (with some people)? It's a very powerful position. I'm really curious. Hugs to all.
~EnlightenMe~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32765, Sannah

Thanks for this!
Lamplighter