View Single Post
BrokenWinged

Member Since Jan 2013
Default Jan 20, 2013 at 08:55 AM

My therapist and I always touch at least once during our sessions on the fact that I do not have a support system. When I was a little girl, my parents split and became all about themselves. My mother took her frustrations out on me in the form of abuse, and my father was an absentee parent. Their actions took an emotional toll on me, and my depression manifested very early. While my family has a lot of bad cycles in it, it seems like they took especial notice of me.

When my family asked my parents about my "erratic" behavior, they chose to defame my character. The label of "crazy" has followed me my entire life in this family. I have been ill this past almost six years, and none of them have cared. My mother in particular has done so much to undermine my dreams and life path, and I feel crushed under her emotional weight.

I remember having such bright dreams when I was young; they kept me going through the abuse and abandonment. I see my peers making progress in their lives, and I feel so worthless. At the same time I feel that I could fly if only someone cared about me. I'm tired of just existing, I want to live. I want to utilize my talents, I want to make something of my life. But I need help. I need people to care. And it burns inside, knowing that I'm surrounded by almost 100 relatives who have chosen to lie about, ignore and isolate me.

When it comes to friends, my illness taught me who those were. The ones who care the most live far away. I cannot ask someone to disrupt their life just to deal with me.

But the weight is crushing me. How do I get out of this? How does a person move forward in life as an island? Is such a thing even possible?
BrokenWinged is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48778, LonelyBird, shlump