View Single Post
GreyThinker

Member Since Sep 2012
129 hugs
given
Default Jan 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I relate to your comment, Nomad17. I often feel stupid and totally disconnected to what is going on when I go to public things. One example... I went to a carol's night, really looking forward to sitting and listening to the songs. Then I discovered there was 'audience participation" and we were expected to stand and join in about every second one. I hated it from then on! It's not that I don't like singing sometimes, I just was not in the mood - and yes, I also felt stupid for the other people. I couldn't decide whether it was more stupid to stay sitting when everyone around me was standing or standing up with them and not singing . (There was no way I could sing along - way too self-conscious). It sounds stupid now, telling about it, but at the time it totally destroyed my evening. And yeah, I feel stupid sometimes in supermarket queues, in coffee shops, and specially in tutorial groups. It's one of the reasons I stopped going to church. And here's a really stupid one... I did well enough in my studies last semester that I won a prize. It has totally thrown me .. I suppose it sorta feels good to have done so well, but now I have to go to a presentation and I am already feeling stupid about that . Makes me feel like deliberately not doing so well next time in case this happens again. And yet, I know that is a crazy reaction
GreyThinker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Marla500

Thanks for this!
Nomad17