View Single Post
Memphos finest

Member Since Jan 2013
Default Jan 21, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astenon View Post
Memphos finest,
You sound so much like me, it's scary I have the same issues. You really aren't alone in this.

I would love to be able to tell you the magic trick to feeling better, but I don't know it! What I would say is to try to think of the positives.

I don't know you, so all I have to go on is your post, but a couple of positives that jump out are:

1. Your body probably isn't as unappealing as you think. You play sport and lift weights, although I appreciate your back is stopping that at the moment.
2. You have a good heart. I know there's nothing in your post about this, but when you do find yourself a lady, you're not going to mistreat her because you've had to wait and will appreciate her.

As Mudcrab said, you are being hard on yourself. Possibly because you don't have your normal sporty outlet so everything is getting on top of you. Do you work? Are there any social outlets via work or maybe your mates you can try to use to ease the social anxiety? You may not meet anyone directly at first, but small steps like that may help.

Also don't discount a therapist. I've never been to one myself, but a friend has for a different reason and has said they befitted greatly. I'm close to that step myself now, but lack the funds at the present time.

Good luck. I hope that helps a little.
Well I workout 4 days a week and play basketball regularly, but I used to be nearly 300 pounds so my whole body is full of sagging skin and looks really badly.

I wish I could put more effort into life, but my depression keeps me from really doing anything, I can't even count the times where I'd lock myself in my room and just cry for hours on end, my eyes are tearing as I type this. I always feel a gaping hole in my stomach because I was born so much less fortunate than everyone else.

I work, but it's in a kitchen with minimal contact with regular people, I basically only know the employees there and the manager, but I come in with headphones in most days so I don't have to talk to anyone. My life has been riddled with panic attacks and depression since I was young. Why me?

I've been having recent thoughts of dropping out of college, simply because it's useless to go now. I have a 2.1 GPA and there's no way in hell i'm making it into graduate school or even getting a job off a bachelors. "There's a chance, people with low GPA's get jobs all the time"... Yeah those other people with much better social skills, nonexistent anxiety, and no depression issues. I can't even hold eye contact with my very few good friends, that's how bad my anxiety is.

I don't even know why I had to be born, to struggle day in and day out, cry myself to sleep every night, and think that everything will get better tomorrow. It never does, and probably never will.
Memphos finest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote