View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,462 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Candida is usually present on all skin and mucous membranes. If you get an overgrowth in the large intestine, which normally only happens after antibiotic treatment, the symptom is a horrendous sore rash peri-anally. (As a nurse, I've seen this many times.)

Overgrowth of candida in the mouth and vagina, that is not severe enough to cause pain, is (IMO) not all that uncommon. When it's severe enough to cause pain, it usually gets diagnosed by a doctor for what it is. It sounds like you may well have candida overgrowth. (I've never found convincing literature about people having so called "systemic candida overgrowth." If fungus gets into your bloodstream, which is what systemic infection usually refers to, that is a major medical evergency.) But back to fungal overgrowth in the mouth and vagina. I think that is totally possible as the culprit, in your case.

Cleaning the tongue and roof and cheeks with a good electric toothbrush can remove that white coating, which, no doubt, does contain fungus (candida albicans.) When I've seen fungal infections of the throat, that ususally is accompanied by pain. The cure for that is a presription anti-fungal rinse. (Nystatin, I think.) I've seen a few persons who had to use that on an on-going basis.

With recurrent vaginal yeast infection, you want to get screened for diabetes. It can be the cause. Often, though, it is not. Birth control pills, and hormone replacement pills can also cause this. But for some women, we just don't know why they keep getting candida overgrowth. It's pretty common, which is why vaginal anti-fungal medication is now available over-the-counter. (Once in a while, big pharma is looking out for us.) You can relate it to stress. Could be. Stress tends to increase cortisol production, which tends to decrease immune response.

Doctors tend to say that douching is not a good idea. I'm not so sure I believe that.

Discharge caused by Candida overgrowth is not malodorous, at all.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
musicsinmysoul

Thanks for this!
musicsinmysoul