Member Since Dec 2012
644 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 03, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey48 View Post
Thanks for your reply, feralkittymom
I think that our TR was a pretty solid one until those last few months. It's been 7 months since I terminated and in spite of all the anger, hurt etc that I have felt about the circumstances that lead to my decision to end therapy (my OP was just one of the reasons), I still feel "connected" to my T in some way that I can't explain. For me to feel connected to someone is pretty unusual and especially so in this case as it has been so long since I've seen my T.
I see two other mental health professionals regularly and I have often discussed what happened with my T with one of them.
Thanks again for your reply.
Bluey

I've been through this same thing. I think the worst was when she put words in my mouth and then got angry at me for the words. She also was angry at me for several other things, and was hurt but said it was none of my business to know why she was hurt. That was her personal stuff. It's over a year later, I've found a terrific new therapist, have some perspective on it, and I still think of her every day, and it still hurts although not sure I still suffer.

I was shocked when it happened. I'm sorry to hear it's happened to you, and several others who have posted. I'm surprised to hear it's happened to so many people.

There are times when therapists have suggested something I wasn't seeing. That was okay. I was free to respond with what was in me.

That's very different than being angry at the client. I think that's the therapist's issue. Perhaps some transference. Perhaps triggers from long ago that the therapist hasn't worked out.
Syra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous32830