View Single Post
Perna
Pandita-in-training

Member Since Sep 2006
550 hugs
given
Default Feb 08, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I assume you had a reason for moving and going through this upheaval in the first place. I would work with whatever your reasons were, your strengths of why you made the move and draw on those.

I would think about what is in a "day program," what sort of support you want, and I would try to create my own day program, my local hospitals have free support groups as do some of my community agencies; I'd go to the library and check out all the free literature in the reference section, chat with the reference librarian and peruse your county online site for various free or low-cost support ideas. No one else can understand and work with your ptsd and depression as well as you can. Figure out how to make a program that will help you. You had a support network where you were? Remember how you grew that one and create another.

I would look for a part-time job for some income and make a plan for working my way up to full-time employment or enough hours for insurance, whatever I wanted and felt I could work toward "next", when I was feeling a bit more settled and stronger.

Thanks for this!
lizardlady, pachyderm, ThisWayOut