Account Suspended

Member Since Sep 2011
3,729 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 12, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCake View Post
I never faulted anyone for being homosexual nor have I labeled it in any way. I simply stated that I disagree with it. I'm not telling anyone what to do.
That gets us back to the trees growing. They do not choose to grow - they just grow. Homosexuals do not choose to be homosexuals - they just are. Homosexuality is a feature that comes with those individuals - it is not an opinion or a position, hence it is impossible to disagree with it. You can disagree with views, opinions, positions, teachings, theories, hypotheses, etc. etc. but not with people's immutable characteristics. It is like my cat Tommy is all black - he is all black. It is a fact of his existence. It is not his view or opinion or choice or statement or manifesto - he just happens to be all black. It is not my view or opinion on him either.

Should black cats be fed as much as Maine Coons? Should homosexuals have equal rights to marriage as heterosexuals? Those are questions that different people would have different answers to and we can agree or disagree till the cows come home, but we cannot disagree with the existence of black cats or homosexuals.
hamster-bamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote