GirlOfManyFaces
Veteran Member

Member Since Jan 2013
344 hugs
given
Default Feb 12, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamster-bamster View Post
That gets us back to the trees growing. They do not choose to grow - they just grow. Homosexuals do not choose to be homosexuals - they just are. Homosexuality is a feature that comes with those individuals - it is not an opinion or a position, hence it is impossible to disagree with it. You can disagree with views, opinions, positions, teachings, theories, hypotheses, etc. etc. but not with people's immutable characteristics. It is like my cat Tommy is all black - he is all black. It is a fact of his existence. It is not his view or opinion or choice or statement or manifesto - he just happens to be all black. It is not my view or opinion on him either.

Should black cats be fed as much as Maine Coons? Should homosexuals have equal rights to marriage as heterosexuals? Those are questions that different people would have different answers to and we can agree or disagree till the cows come home, but we cannot disagree with the existence of black cats or homosexuals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCake View Post
We cannot choose our feelings but we do choose how to act upon them. I have never argued that such feelings don't exist. And I have already argued that we cannot possibly make all of our decisions on feelings alone.

I'm not sure where you're getting this from or why you are taking this opinion so seriously. I have said nothing to offend you or any other homosexual. I have not labeled you or judged you in any shape form or fashion. My religion disagrees with homosexuality. I do not hold ill will towards any. All I ask is that you respect my opinion as I respect yours. I am not here for debate. I am only here to help a friend.

As much as I love hearing everyone's opinion. I really don't care for arguments. And would very much appreciate it if you would move this conversation to a PM.

I don't mean to be rude. It's just stressing me out more...
GirlOfManyFaces is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote