Harley47
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2012
411 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 13, 2013 at 01:31 AM

Hi Girl.

Girl, I think it's wonderful that you hold such respect for your faith. I was raised as a Christian, and I attend a historically Baptist college. Though I am straight, and thus don't share your precise dilemma, I do understand the struggle between balancing what you want and what your faith says.

I would echo the advice given earlier about slowing down a hair, and trying not to worry about it so much right now. But barring that, I would tell you to please relax a little. I'm not about to deny that the Bible outright mentions homosexuality as a sin. But even if that is indeed the case, what you have to understand is that all sin is equal in the eyes of God (James 2:10), and that we are all sinners. Homosexuality gets a sort of "special" treatment as some sort of horrendous taboo due to the media coverage of it as a "hot topic." God isn't going to deny you solely on the basis of homosexuality, if that is the case.

lol And I would point out what my Intro to Christianity professor pointed out (himself being an ordained minster and a PhD). Homosexuality is condemned in the same part of the Bible that forbids the cutting of hair, tattoos, and shellfish, among other things. Leviticus was largely written for the Levites (the book name literally means "for the Levites), from which the priest caste of ancient Jewish tradition were drawn.

I personally do not think God is going to condemn you if this is who you feel you are. I don't think homosexuality is necessarily mutually exclusive with a Christian life. I certainly don't believe you should be disowned for that...that is incredibly harsh and bigoted of your parents, if you don't mind me saying so.

Additionally, I am so, so sorry to hear of that JOKE of a "lawyer" of yours! That infuriated me to read...I am a pre-law major with hopes of becoming an attorney. His behavior to you is utterly disgraceful. I am so sorry his incompetence robbed you of the justice you deserve.

Lastly...and I certainly do not mean to throw fuel on the fire, but I don't think this topic is the place for the debate that's popping up. I understand there are mutually conflicting points of advice offered, my own being guilty of that, but if the discourse on the topic is upsetting the OP, I think we owe it to her to agree to disagree, do we not? Again, do not mean to agitate anyone...simply looking out for OP, is all, and trying to keep the peace.

Hugs to all,
Harley

Thanks for this!
GirlOfManyFaces